Affordable affiliate tracking software is hard to find because most high-quality affiliate software products, such as Scaleo, come at a price. Simply because a lot of effort has been put into their development, the software needs to be paid for to ensure continuous updates and robust security.
This means that any software – whether it’s a simple affiliate management tool or a complex affiliate marketing tracking software – needs to cover its costs if it is to provide excellent customer service to its business partners.
Table of Contents
- Top 25 Affiliate Tracking Software
- Free Affiliate Program Software Scripts to Consider:
- Why get into affiliate marketing in 2022?
- How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
- Paying Methods
- Tips for Tracking Affiliate Marketing Success
- Traditional Affiliate Marketing Strategies Have Drawbacks
- Importance of Affiliate Software
- Affiliate System Software’s Versatile Features
- The Most Important Reasons for Using Affiliate Software
- The Advantages of Free and Open Source Affiliate Software
- Affordable Affiliate Tracking Software – Conclusion
Top 25 Affiliate Tracking Software
Today, we have compiled a list of 25 affiliate marketing and tracking software for you. This list includes both high-end SaaS providers as well as affordable alternatives to premium affiliate software. And, we even included free affiliate tracking scripts. This list will allow you to start an affiliate marketing business regardless of your budget.
So, without further ado, let’s get started…
Scaleo is a premium affiliate solution that provides clients with some of the most powerful tools to run your business.
Scaleo is a SaaS vendor that allows you to create your own affiliate program or even a whole affiliate network.
Scaleo is the best affiliate network tracking software you and can use as a complex affiliate management software. You can simply send affiliate commissions, affiliate campaigns, or add an affiliate partner program to your existing business. Scaleo is a software company based in Europe.
Regular plans start at $299/month, but we offer a 14-day free trial that will allow you to test our top affiliate marketing software for yourself and see all its benefits for your business. You can start your trial and access your dashboard instantly, no credit card is required.
HOQU is a SaaS performance marketing platform for creating networks and managing, tracking and optimizing online advertising campaigns.
HOQU users get full access to all core features, regardless of pricing plan. Pricing is based on conversions, not clicks – allowing companies to save up to 90% on their costs.
You can quickly set up your own affiliate network, create as many offers as you want, and invite different affiliates and influencers to join the network. With HOQU, you can manage multiple affiliate and affiliate networks, invoices, billing and payouts, and technology integrations all in one place. The software also offers features to improve marketing campaign performance. This includes the ability to configure targeting rules, optimize traffic with smart links, back-traffic URLs and deep links, and track pre- and post-conversion events.
HOQU offers a free trial, and a free plan, while a paid affiliate network plan starts at $279/month.
AffiliateWP is a fully-featured affiliate marketing plugin for WordPress.
You can use the plugin to enroll affiliates, track the referrals they provide you, and handle their payouts. All of this can be difficult without the correct plugin.
AffiliateWP handles everything with a simple workflow. AffiliateWP is a simple plugin that allows you to rapidly set up your affiliate program, recruit and manage affiliates, track referrals, and pay out affiliate commissions.
You may view extensive statistics for each affiliate, allowing you to track overall profits, referrals sent, and total visits made by clients through a specific affiliate.
This WordPress Plugin is trusted by thousands of businesses, including MonsterInsights and AIOSEO. AffiliateWP does not have a free version, but its paid plans are reasonably priced, beginning at $149 a year.
TUNE is a partner marketing platform designed for the creation, management, and expansion of partner programs and networks.
This completely customizable and adaptable SaaS platform powers marketing partnerships on mobile and the web. TUNE, based in Seattle, provides solutions for networks and marketers to access the necessary tools. As a result, it is used by a variety of advertising networks, affiliate marketers, and businesses all over the world.
TUNE allows users to create a branded partner experience by utilizing tools such as personalized dashboards, white labeling, and saved reports. It also enables you to work more efficiently by providing automation tools and native postback features.
Tune offers a 14 day free trial, while paid plans start at $599/month for advertisers and $899/month for networks.
Anytrack is a conversion tracking platform that automatically syncs your onsite and offline conversion data with Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and your ad networks so you can easily evaluate any paid or organic traffic.
The AnyTrack attribution engine intelligently routes conversion data across your marketing tools so you can maximize the effectiveness of your multi-channel marketing campaigns, build remarketing audiences, and scale your campaigns with confidence.
AnyTrack offers a free trial, paid plans are starting at $50/month only.
Tapfiliate is a referral tracking software that is hosted in the cloud (SaaS vendor). You can use it to create, track, and optimize your own affiliate / referral programs.
Tapfiliate is a one-stop shop with over 30 integrations, including Zapier, Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace, Wix, Stripe, and others. You can run a global campaign with the affiliate / referral software because it supports multiple languages and currencies. You can also personalize your affiliate pages, referral links, and emails.
After a 14 days trial, you can continue using their tracking system for as low as $69/month.
Everflow allows you to upgrade to a partner marketing platform that goes beyond managing affiliates to boost your performance and partnerships. Track every performance channel, integrate your technology stack, and delve into what delivers ROI.
Direct linking enables you to track and attribute every partner and channel. You can track users as soon as they arrive at your website, using a simplified method similar to Google Analytics’ UTM tracking method.
Everflow is not offering any trial period, only a scheduled demo call with their representatives. Paid plans begin at $750/month with full access to all platform’s features.
ClickMeter is a user-friendly web-based professional analytics service.
They assist businesses, agencies, affiliates, and publishers in monitoring, comparing, and optimizing all of their online marketing campaigns in one place. Conversion tracking, click fraud detection, and sharing results with customers and partners
ClickMeter offers a generous 30-days free trial. Paid plans begin for as low as $29/month for 25K events.
LeadDyno assists e-commerce merchants and SaaS business owners in establishing and expanding their own affiliate programs.
With our affiliate tracking software, you can set up an affiliate / referral program in minutes. With LeadDyno, you can easily and efficiently manage your affiliates and their payouts. Learn which online marketing channels are most effective so that you can intelligently allocate your online advertising spend in the future.
LeadDyno provides a generous 30-day free trial, while paid plans begin at $49/month only.
Voluum is a performance marketing analytics software platform designed for marketers, in-house media buyers, and agencies.
You can track, manage, and optimize all paid and organic traffic sources from a single platform. Voluum, for example, offers AI-powered tools for traffic auto-optimization and allows teams to collaborate on different access levels. Banking-grade infrastructure ensures that your data is secure and that campaigns run continuously.
Free Affiliate Program Software Scripts to Consider:
And now, for the open-source or free affiliate tracking software alternatives. If you are low on budget, you can test the market out by starting with any of the free tools.
This is an affiliate marketing tracker every blogger needs in their arsenal when promoting affiliate links and needs to have a better overview of their campaign performance. The app enables you to use various affiliate marketing strategies to increase traffic and conversion rates.
You can pay affiliates commissions and incentives based on their results, such as if their promotional campaigns result in a sale.
The app is available for free download with a paid script bonus. After meeting the device specifications, you can easily install the tool. However, if you need to make any custom changes to your submission, you will have to pay a fee of $100 per day.
- The most notable features of free and open-source affiliate applications are their high versatility, scalability, and customizability.
- You can quickly sign up as an affiliate, and he can then position your advertising on his website.
- When a prospective customer makes a transaction, the affiliate scheme pays the affiliate a fee.
- The app provides best-in-class personalized models, functionality, and integration with custom designs.
- eLitius also provides excellent hosting facilities by partnering with a top-tier hosting servicing provider.
- The affiliate software tool includes free lifetime updates, assistance, and the ability to add an unlimited number of affiliates.
- This framework has a dependable and robust tracking system and many more advanced features and benefits.
- With this affiliate marketing software free download, you can start right away.
LinkTrack is a link tracking service that you can use without paying a dime for your next affiliate campaign. This easy-to-use affiliate marketing tool assists you in your online affiliate business, especially with marketing efforts. LinkTrack is a free affiliate tracking tool.
As an affiliate marketer, you can use LinkTrack to track your links for free for the rest of your life. You can monitor an infinite number of clicks for free using the app. It is extremely simple to use. This means that even a novice can use this app to track his clicks.
LinkTrack has graphical monitoring, which helps you to see your link conversion at a glance, which you won’t find in other free applications. It also offers accurate tracking data. Nonetheless, you may need to upgrade to the premium edition to see all the tracking data. Be advised, however, that this is a simple link tracker and cannot be used as an affiliate network software (unlike Scaleo).
- There are no limits on the number of clicks or links.
- All premium accounts have unlimited clicks and links!
- Simple to use
- Ad tracking, click tracking, and impression tracking are all options.
- Graphs in full color are available for free.
- That way, you can see where your best performances are coming from.
- Domain names with a strong brand
- For tracking links, use your own domain name.
- Complete command
- All of your information is in one location.
- Tracking data in great detail
- Real-time updates are available on our website, for free, or through our API.
Affiliate marketing strategies and commercials are monitored, analyzed, and optimized. You can monitor all of your marketing and advertising campaigns as well as scale up your affiliate programs.
Furthermore, the app assists you in systematically analyzing the data in order to obtain actionable insights. You may identify which marketing campaigns deliver the best results and which do not. You can improve ad network efficiency by running A/B tests and increasing ROI. This tool is critical for scaling affiliate activities and optimizing benefits.
You can track and convert more than 30 data points from a single location. Block Bots are fraud protection tools that aid in the detection of any suspicious activity on the website.
Peerclick has offices in Poland and the United States.
Marketing companies may use affiliate tracking tools to assess the performance of advertising platforms.
You can join the Peerclick partner network to communicate with more users and increase the frequency of your marketing campaigns. Peerclicks is also compatible with Artificial Intelligence software, allowing you to automate the workflow process. You can produce real-time reports to help you manage traffic more efficiently.
Apart from providing free solutions, this free software also offers a free preview edition. The basic edition costs $99 a month.
- Multiple third-party deals can be tracked with or without redirects.
- Gather reliable data from every marketing campaign and compile it all into one affiliate tracking platform.
- You can monitor your expenses, various conversions, and safe links and quickly get on board.
- The app collects data from all organic searches and analyzes it to provide actionable insights.
- With the aid of advanced targeting and laws, display relevant advertising to your targeted audience.
- You can also use autopilot software to separate traffic among the most effective marketing campaigns.
- Customize your updates to receive real-time performance warnings and take immediate action.
- You can access the new deals and discounts directly from the dashboard.
- Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity and protect yourself from bot traffic.
Based in Florida, US – AffTrack is a free affiliate tracking software that can be used as an enterprise SaaS solution for tracking and reporting links.
Aff track is a very good affiliate marketing management software that does the job at zero cost. This program debuted in 2009 and has since expanded to be used by a large number of affiliates. This free affiliate software includes real-time analytics, user targeting, and even a brandable, customizable interface. AffTrack is an affiliate marketing software free in the USA.
AffTrack is available for free for one month. However, if you want to use the full functionality, you must upgrade to a premium plan. AffTrack is also prohibitively costly for new affiliates.
- Analytics in Real-Time – Real-time affiliate program monitoring and data access with 99.999 percent uptime reliability
- Fraud Detection and Proxy Detection – You can protect your business from fraud with real-time traffic analysis and warning alerts.
- No contracts or fees – There are no hidden costs or overages, as is common with commitment plans. There will be no more surprises.
- There are no Affiliates or Offer restrictions – nor restrictions on Affiliates or Offers. Don’t impose arbitrary constraints on your business.
- Offer Tailoring – Exact Offer Targeting with all you need – Country, Device, Language, and more Cap Management.
- Using our Overflow tool Postback and Redirect Logs, you can protect your affiliates and your credibility from cap overages.
- Complete Postback and Redirect logs are available for easy troubleshooting and comparison.
- API Access to Fullest – Access to a comprehensive API to manage your account in every way. Complete control over custom interfaces and software integrations
- Control of Access – Organize the team by giving each member individual access to each function and environment.
- Flow Rerouting – Set up Global Redirects and rules to ensure your traffic is still monetized, no matter what.
- A friendly and competent staff member will be available to assist you with any assistance you need.
- Daily Email Newsletter – With free automated updates and texts, you can keep your Affiliates up to date on new and returning Offers.
- Automation – free automated affiliate marketing software with a simple affiliate tracking interface.
WeCanTrack is free affiliate software that aids in the scaling and optimization of marketing campaigns and affiliate publishers.
All of your traffic data and affiliate conversions can be viewed on a single affiliate dashboard. Furthermore, the program enables you to align sophisticated marketing tools in order to boost digital marketing efficiency.
Full data insights on affiliate conversions are available on Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook, Data Studio, Microsoft Ads, and other platforms. You’ll also get detailed data attribution to see how the traffic sources are doing. The app allows you to keep up to date and compare the marketing campaigns that are doing well and which are underperforming.
You can gain complete insight into your sales data and identify the affiliates that generate the most conversions using analytics software. On the other hand, Google Ads allows you to scale and automate advertising campaigns.
The app offers free affiliate tracking software solutions such as 200 clicks, 5 data sources, 8000 sessions, and 50 transactions.
Wecantrack is an affiliate software based in the Netherlands.
- Track all of your affiliate data in one place.
- Choose your chosen currency and time zone to have all your transactions converted.
- You get advanced features such as automatic affiliate link cloaking for the WordPress plugin.
- Sort your content according to performance results.
- Data encryption, a stable database and server, ease of installation, GDPR compliance, and other features are also included.
- The Data Studio aids in the automation of various tasks such as developing personalized dashboards, filtering data, designing graphs and detailed reports, and easily sharing information.
- WeCanTrack offers Facebook affiliate conversion tracking, which aids in the tracking of sales and traffic results.
- It’s an affiliate tracking platform that combines many features in one.
The benefits that your own Affiliate Program will bring:
- Free affiliate software
- Traffic increases 100%+
- Other people generate traffic for you.
- Easy to maintain
- Great results in no time
- The secret to high, quality traffic!
AffiliateClick allows the simple creation of a commission-based affiliate program. A commission affiliate program is the best way to get targeted traffic to your site, increasing sales and quality of traffic. With a commission-based program, you can’t lose! Your members only make money when you make sales!
This program is now offered totally free of charge. It’s lacking in detail and doesn’t have any major features, but it works, and it’s free! Because this script is free, it isn’t heavily supported. However, a forum for you to help each other is provided. It’s a sales tracking software that is free and easy to use, but you will need to do a little digging, figure out how to make it work, and tune it to your business.
Optimize business decisions with accurate, up-to-the-minute tracking. With knowledgeable support only a call away and stats available via web, mobile apps, or API, HitPath facilitates partnerships across the digital marketing industry.
Anyone who runs online marketing campaigns and is interested in understanding the performance and attribution of online marketing spends—also, as any company currently running an affiliate program.
HitPath is a multichannel tracking platform based in the US.
MPA3 Affiliate Tracking Script
One of the older affiliate scripts available started as free.
Mansion Productions was founded in 1997, and with our versatile staff, we released the world’s first commercial cascading affiliate program software (MPA) in 2000. It quickly became the most popular affiliate backend in the industry, and the current version, MPA3®, is a leader in affiliate management and tracking software. This MPA3 affiliate script is basically an affiliate link tracking software, but with a little work or with the help of a skilled developer, you can turn this into an affiliate network script and use it to power an affiliate network of your own.
MYAP10 is designed to help enterprise-level retailers grow the affiliate channel. You can easily identify trends and opportunities with specialized tools, processes, and automation, improve and optimize each affiliate relationship, and much more.
MYAP allows you to manage and grow your affiliate program efficiently and effectively. MYAP is fully customizable to meet the needs of your business. You are not limited, nor do you have to adapt. Instead, MYAP adapts to your business. MyAp is a comprehensive, customizable solution for affiliate marketing management and tracking. It allows you to run your own private-labeled, fully integrated affiliate program that works for you exactly as you’ve designed it.
Also, your affiliate program matches your branding and website, so you feel like your business is fully integrated. A successful affiliate program requires absolute assurance that all referred visitors, leads, and sales are tracked and accurately attributed. You can rely on MYAP’s industry-leading tracking and attribution technology to ensure it captures every click, lead, and sale. MyAp is based in Arizona, US.
A Quick Overview of Affiliate Marketing and Tracking
New affiliate marking programs pop up daily, and nearly every brand has a referral program tied to its website to encourage (free) promotion. Having your own affiliate marketing platform that you can maintain gives you more freedom for customization and maintenance.
In simple terms, it is a method by which an affiliate marketer receives a fee or incentive for promoting the products or services of others across various channels.
In performance-based marketing, a business owner rewards an affiliate for bringing in new customers in the broader sense.
Need to manage unlimited affiliates or launch your own affiliate network? Try Scaleo absolutely free for 14 days; paid plans start from only $299!
Interestingly, affiliates must monitor different marketing strategies to determine which approach yields the best results. An affiliate tracking process serves the same purpose: it monitors the number of conversions and clicks that lead to sales on the website. Moreover, you can monitor the success and productivity of your affiliate partners.
Why get into affiliate marketing in 2022?
The Affiliate marketing industry has grown by 8.4 percent year on year to about £510 million. According to Statista, affiliate marketing spending in the United States will hit $8.2 billion by 2023. According to the PMA report, bloggers have invested around 39% of their affiliate budget on affiliate advertising to support their content.
However, the retail sector invested almost half of its overall affiliate marketing budget.
This demonstrates that affiliate marketing has already become a hotbed trend in a wide range of sectors, including:
- wealth creation
- and so on.
With the newly innovative developments, affiliate marketing as a business model will be further disrupted. For example, developing the 5G network would allow affiliate marketers to communicate with consumers as download speeds will increase by 150%. In addition, global sales of leading e-commerce sites such as Amazon and eBay are expected to increase by up to 100 percent by 2022. This means affiliate advertisers will have more chances to earn more money and commissions.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
The affiliate marketing axis focuses on four main actors.
- The first is a retailer or business entrepreneur who wants to increase his or her client base and therefore prefers affiliate marketing.
- The second essential component is an affiliate network, which serves as a go-between for the merchant and the affiliate. It allows affiliates to engage in affiliate programs and gain passive profits.
- Affiliates and publishers are third-party participants in affiliate marketing.
- Lastly, the fourth and most important aspect is the client, for whom the entire marketing campaign is initiated.
An affiliate marketer is compensated or rewarded based on his or her success. The merchant or advertiser, in terms, can pay them using any of the following methods.
- Pay Per Click (PPC)– An affiliate is paid depending on the number of clicks on the website. The merchant is unconcerned about whether the clicks result in sales or leads.
- Pay Per Lead (PPL)– This is a fixed commission charge for each lead or customer bought from the website. Other motivating behaviors are installing an application, completing an online form, or submitting a survey.
- PPS, or Pay Per Sale, is a formula in which the merchant or advertiser pays a percentage of the leads produced. The percentage is mutually agreed upon by both the affiliate and the business. For example, consider Amazon Associates, which pays a 15 percent commission on products sold.
Steps in the Affiliate Marketing Process
The following critical aspect of the topic is how to implement an effective affiliate marketing plan. Whether you are an experienced affiliate or a novice, you must follow the same game rules. Affiliate marketing entails a number of phases, which are as follows:
Affiliate Marketing Varieties
People often mix up two terms: affiliate marketing and affiliate partners, which illustrate the various affiliate marketing styles. To be more specific, these are two new words. Affiliate partners are individuals with whom you must collaborate.
Affiliates include online discount portals, review websites, content and loyalty programs, review and online polls, product comparison, reward programs, email marketing, and so on.
However, affiliate marketing can be divided into three groups, namely:
- Related Affiliate Marketing: Related Affiliate Marketing necessitates establishing an online presence through a blogging website or channel. It means you can generate traffic by creating various types of content, such as blogs, podcasts, and videos. You must direct traffic to third-party websites via affiliates (this also applies to mobile traffic). You can earn money by directing people to affiliate links or banner advertising.
- Unattached Affiliate Marketing: This is the most common form of affiliate marketing that can be easily carried out by pay-per-click. You also don’t need web development skills or to produce content other than ad copy. PPC marketers can learn how to become expert affiliates and inspire people to visit your business’s website.
- Affiliate Marketing Involved: The third form of affiliate marketing involves advertising products and services. Affiliates endorse only those deals that they believe have the potential to turn into leads. Writing product reviews and explanations will help you promote your content.
Tips for Tracking Affiliate Marketing Success
Once your affiliate program has gained momentum and is generating leads and revenue, it’s time to turn your attention to tracking the progress of your marketing campaigns. So, setting up KPIs is one of the most important steps you need to take. You also need to consider quantitative metrics and compare performance against your goals. So what metrics are critical to achieving your goals? Let’s take a look.
- CTR, or Click Through Rate: is the number of times a user clicks on your advertisement.
- CPL (Cost Per Lead): Here, you must track and control your affiliate marketing lead generation platforms.
- Conversion Rate: The frequency at which a lead or click is transformed into a future sale. In order to accurately measure your conversion rate, you will need conversion tracking software, which is basically a feature available across all affiliate tracking tools.
- Return on investment (ROI): This metric lets you determine how much you spent on an affiliate marketing campaign and how much you received from that campaign.
- Incremental Sales and Revenue: Determine how many sales are mostly generated by a marketing channel that no other marketing campaign would have driven. When affiliates complete a transaction, incremental revenue is provided.
- Average Order Value: This metric aids in calculating the average revenue produced by a single order.
- Reversed Sale Rate: As the name suggests, this refers to calculating the products returned by consumers who bought from your website rather than receiving a refund.
- Fraudulent Orders: Affiliate marketing is plagued by many fraudulent orders, resulting in massive losses. You must also consider those instructions. It’s important to pick software with fraud protection.
Traditional Affiliate Marketing Strategies Have Drawbacks
Affiliate marketing is essentially the promotion of other people’s products in order to generate passive profits. However, the number of e-commerce websites has increased exponentially, making competition fiercer, and conventional affiliate marketing tactics do not generate high traffic and make your campaigns profitable.
With the level of competition increasing, traditional marketing tactics can not keep you afloat. It would be preferable if you had marketing adrenaline, such as affiliate apps, to automate all of your promotions and advertisement programs. With a sophisticated tool, you can keep track of all your affiliates, commissions, banners, coupons, and much more.
Importance of Affiliate Software
Affiliate Software is a cutting-edge technology that automates commission-based affiliate marketing management, tracking, evaluating, and real-time reporting, resulting in more clicks, registrations, and sales. Increased revenue, improved conversion rates, and increased traffic are critical metrics that assist affiliate managers in monitoring all affiliate links, networks, and websites.
The advanced tool also plays an important role in creating profitable affiliate networks and tracking real-time marketing campaigns through a single dashboard. As a result, the affiliate network owner will decide which affiliate marketing strategies produce the most traffic and revenue.
The driving force behind Affiliate Software is Artificial Intelligence, which allows you to automate further and simplify marketing campaigns to assist affiliate managers in forecasting patterns and gain deep real-time insights into the networks.
Affiliate System Software’s Versatile Features
Affiliate marking tools are versatile, despite all performing the same function. The position and purpose of affiliate software have evolved from providing marketing capabilities to being a proactive tracking tool and affiliate management tool in one. Given the business complexities and diverse business requirements, free and open-source affiliate marketing software offers the following powerful features:
The Most Important Reasons for Using Affiliate Software
What do you believe are the most likely factors for top digital marketing companies and other sectors to introduce the best affiliate software? This blog segment focuses on the tool’s most noticeable and measurable advantages.
- Rank Higher on Search Engines: You obviously use different optimization techniques to increase your site’s ranking on search engines. However, you will be relieved to learn that affiliate marketing tools work together with organic SEO strategies to expedite the process. Yes, you will see increased SERP visibility shortly.
Tip: also, try an optimization calculator for affiliate marketing.
- Product Promotion Advancement: Affiliate tools have simply abandoned all conventional product and service promotion products. You must type all of the affiliate program information into your software. The tool begins working 24 hours a day, seven days a week, tracking affiliate success and handling commissions, among other things.
- Real-time and Detailed Reporting: One of the places where conventional affiliate marketing strategies fell short was in providing immediate and detailed information. Many of these problems have been mitigated by affiliate tracking tools. You can keep track of all important information, such as the total number of registered users, venue, sales, etc. The app employs a sophisticated algorithm that allows you to pay the affiliate only after completing the job.
- Brings Flexibility and Scalability to the Program Model: If you believe that a particular affiliate marketing program model or campaign isn’t working, the flexibility and scalability of software allow you to modify the model without wasting much time easily.
- Automate the Sales Process: Affiliate software programs aid in automating the sales process. It means that it puts the business on autopilot. The software handles all management, allowing you to concentrate on other critical aspects of the business.
- Pay-per-performance: Another field where affiliate software tools excel is the ability to pay a fee based on affiliate sales. Affiliates are in charge of marketing the products, so you don’t have to incur any extra promotional expenses. In addition, affiliate networks perform both billing and invoicing.
- Mitigating Illegal Marketing Activities: As previously mentioned, conventional affiliate marketing strategies had a few bottlenecks that allowed marketers to resort to illegal marketing activities such as duping merchants. However, affiliate marketing software performs thorough validation when adding new affiliates, analyzing data, tracking IP addresses, and so on.
The Advantages of Free and Open Source Affiliate Software
The availability of free and open-source affiliate marketing and tracking tools has proven to be a blessing for any small business or startup that lacks the resources to launch an affiliate program. New and aspiring entrepreneurs will fully utilize their core features to easily manage marketing strategies and commissions and monitor affiliate results.
Furthermore, several software vendors offer a free trial for a limited time to allow users to test the program before purchasing the paid version to meet their business needs. Even though the free variant has limited choices, it is still a common choice because there is no maintenance or other extra expense.
When using any affiliate marketing software open source solution, you can benefit from community contributions but also be prone to hacker attacks and lack of robust security.
Affiliate sales tracking software refers simply to any backend of a reference tool that counts and keeps track of affiliate sales. CPA tracking or affiliate sales tracking doesn’t matter what you choose to call it. The idea remains the same – we are talking about a software feature (whether a simple tracker tool or an AI-powered software) that enables you to keep up with your affiliate sales, either as a network or as n advertiser.
Affordable Affiliate Tracking Software – Conclusion
Affiliate marketing tracking software has evolved into a powerful tool and a must-have asset for developing an effective digital marketing strategy. The free and open-source affiliate management tool aids in establishing an affiliate marketing scheme and research methods to increase revenue and maximize conversions. An affiliate tracking system can also automate advertising and marketing campaigns, generate eligible leads, boost organic search results, and do various other things.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money online. However, it can be difficult to track all the sales and commissions. This is where affiliate tracking software comes in handy.
There are many affiliate tracking software programs, but not all are free. Some also offer different features like email notifications, reporting, and more.
We’ve highlighted top affiliate marketing and tracking software resources that are either affordable, free or open source. I hope you will be able to find the best tracking software for affiliate marketing in this article!
Affiliate Marketing Software FAQ
Server-to-server affiliate tracking requires affiliate tracking software such as Scaleo.
This type of tracking is also known as “cookieless tracking” because it is not dependent on cookies and does not require anything to be installed on the user’s computer to store information. Instead, the information linked to the user and the affiliate is saved on the merchant’s server with a unique identifier known as the transaction ID.
So, when a user completes a conversion after clicking on a unique tracking link, the system sends a postback to the conversion tracking system along with the transaction ID.
Client-based link tracking for affiliates means that when a website visitor clicks on a link that takes them to a landing page, the Affiliate ID is saved on their browser in the form of a text file known as a cookie. The advertiser determines the cookie lifespan length; some cookies are automatically destroyed when a user closes the browser or after a period of inactivity, whereas others expire after 30 or 60 days, for example.
When a customer performs the requested action on the merchant’s page, a little piece of code known as a “conversion pixel” loads and reads the cookie information (transaction ID), the data is then delivered to the system for conversion tracking, and the conversion is recorded for the appropriate affiliate. Finally, the affiliate receives an affiliate commission.
It is important to note that a browser cookie can only be monitored inside the same browser, so it will not be tracked if a consumer opens a new browser and completes a conversion. Free link tracking software can be either paid for (and integrated into the website) or free.
Choose a well-known platform that has been around for a while and can lend your brand some of its credibility, trust, and familiarity.
Look for a platform with similar businesses to yours – do a little digging into what your competitors use and who their customers use. A successful business that has been in business a while and offers a similar product or service that uses a platform is likely a good match for your business.
Choose a platform that provides the right integrations and partnerships with other businesses. Ensure that the affiliate tracking software is compatible with the payment options you need and the business partners you wish to work with.
Choose an affiliate marketing software that’s aligned with your other marketing efforts. Some solutions offer more of these than others.
Choose an affiliate software that allows you to learn the finer points and make the most of your software. Look for lots of software-specific information and tutorials available.
When choosing among the dozens of affiliate software available in 2021, here is a list of key features to look for: an accounting module, robust payment gateway, reporting features, intuitive interface, real-time campaign tracking, real-time metrics, and anti-fraud kit. A good extra bonus would be if your software will also have these additional features: a mobile app, white-labeled affiliate onboarding, traffic distribution, mass payments, brandable interfaces, email automation, and coupon codes.
JROX Affiliate Manager
PHPAffiliate (for PayPal)
TWSC Affiliate Lite
There are a few ways you can track affiliate sales – either using a smart link, a link clocking software, or an online tool, or – use an affiliate software (or even a basic affiliate tracker) to monitor sales and get a deeper understanding of the source of your traffic and sales.
You should absolutely do so, as competition in the affiliate marketing sector is increasing and affiliates must redouble their efforts to stay afloat. Tracking links for affiliate campaigns is a tried and true approach to improving your affiliate programs’ performance and enhancing your marketing strategy. To optimize your revenue, you need to select the best approach to track affiliate links among the various tracking tools on the market and use them effectively.
The term “affiliate program management software” basically refers to any affiliate software that helps you manage your affiliates’ affiliate payouts, automate the affiliate marketing process, and make your affiliate business fully managed.
If you are looking for one of the best affiliate marketing tracking software platforms – just go with the highest-end platform that your budget would allow. The more you will be able to invest in your affiliate marketing business, the more it will, generally, pay out in the long run. Choose Scaleo or any similar affiliate marketing tracking software platform that has a flexible pricing structure.
When it comes to picking the best affiliate management software, especially in 2022, you have to look at a few aspects that would allow you to manage affiliates effectively. Remember to:
1. provide your affiliates with promotional content
2. educate your affiliates and partners about your TOS
3. have a lucrative and working affiliate structure in place.
4. offer multiple payment methods.
5. have an effective cookie-based and cookieless tracking system.